
你有多愛你的肝臟?
HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE YOUR LIVER?
Hi... I'm Your Liver!
Let me tell you
how much I love you…in 9 ways
嗨! 我是你的肝臟
我告訴你我用了九種方式來愛你
1.I store the iron reserves you need, as well as a lot of vitamins and other minerals.
我能儲存鐵、維他命及礦物質供你所需。
Without me, you wouldn‘t have the strength to carry on!
如果沒我,你就無法撐下去 !
2. I make bile to help digest your food.
我製造膽汁幫助消化食物。
Without me, you'd waste away to nothing.
如果沒我,你的身體的資源就會消耗殆盡。
3. I detoxify poisonous chemicals you give me, and that includes alcohol, beer, wine and drugs (prescribed and over-the-counter) as well as illegal substances. 我幫你消去有毒的物質包括各種酒類,毒品及你所服用的各種藥物。
Without me, your "bad" habits would kill you.
如果沒我,你的壞習慣會殺掉你。
4. I store energy, like a battery, by stockpiling sugar (carbohydrates, glucose and fat) until you need it.
我像電池一樣幫你儲存能量,包括醣類及脂肪,供你所需。
Without me, the sugar level in your blood could fall dramatically and you‘d go into a coma.
如果沒我,你的血糖驟降就會陷入昏迷。
5. I make the blood that got your system going even before you were born.
在你還在娘胎中時我就為你製造血液你身上各個系統才能運作。
Without me, you wouldn't be here!
如果沒我,你根本不會存在。
6. I manufacture new proteins that your body needs to stay healthy and grow. 你的身體要健康及成長,我為你製造新的蛋白質。
Without me, you wouldn‘t grow properly!
如果沒我,你不會順利成長。
7. I remove poisons from the air, exhaust smoke and chemicals you breathe.
我在你呼吸時為你消除毒物、煙霧及化學品。
Without me, you'd be poisoned by pollutants!
如果沒我,你會被污染物所毒害。
8. I make clotting factors that stop the bleeding when you accidentally prick yourself.
我為你製造凝血因子,你意外受傷時才能止血。
Without me, you‘d bleed to death!
如果沒我,你會流血至死。
9. I help defend you against the germs going into your body all the time. I take those cold germs, flu bugs and other germs you encounter, and knock them dead - or at least weaken them.
我幫助你抵抗侵入體內的致病物,我會殺死它們,起碼也會讓它們很衰弱。
Without me, you‘d be a sitting duck for every infection known to man.
如果沒我,一遇見傳染病你就會像呆頭鴨一樣。
That's how much
I love you...
but do you love me?
我就是這樣的愛你…
然而你愛我嗎?
Let me tell you some easy ways to love me, your liver
讓我告訴你愛我的簡單方法。
·Don‘t drown me in beer, alcohol or wine!
Even one drink is too much for some people and could scar me for life.
·請別用酒精把我淹死,有些人只是小喝一杯也會讓我硬化長疤。
•I scar easily.. and those scars, called “cirrhosis” are permanent.
我很容易結疤,造成肝硬化是永遠的變化。
Medicine is sometimes necessary. But taking pills when they aren't necessary is a bad habit. All those chemicals can really hurt a liver.
服藥有時是必要的。但不是需要時亂服藥物是壞習慣。這些化學品真的會傷害肝臟。
·Be careful with aerosol sprays!
請小心噴霧劑。
Remember, I have to detoxify what you breathe in, too. So when you are cleaning with aerosol cleaners, make sure the room is ventilated, or wear a mask. 記得我對你吸入的東西必須要解毒。 請你使用噴霧劑時要通風良好以及戴上口罩。
Watch what gets on your skin! Those insecticides you put on trees and shrubs not only kill bugs they can get to me right through your skin and destroy my cells, too. Remember they're all chemicals.
注意皮膚接觸了什麼! 有些殺蟲劑不但會殺死蟲子,也會透過皮膚破壞我的細胞。 記住這些都是有毒的化學物。
Cover your skin with gloves, long sleeves, a hat and mask every time insecticides are in the air or if you're handling them.
當你向空中噴殺蟲劑或接觸它時,要戴上手套、穿長袖、戴上帽子及戴口罩。
·Don't eat too much fatty food!
I make the cholesterol your body needs, and I try to make the right amount.
別吃太多的脂肪類食物!
我會製造你身體所需的膽固醇,而且製造適當的分量。
·Give me a break. Eat a good, well balanced nourishing diet. If you eat the right stuff for me, I'll really do my stuff for you!
給我時間休息。 吃良好、均衡及營養的食物。
如果你吃對了東西,我也會好好的待你。
WARNING:
I can't and won't tell you I'm in trouble until
I'm almost at the end of my rope... and yours.
警告:
我不能也不會通知你我出麻煩了,直到我快要完蛋了。
到那時你也差不多要完蛋了!
Remember: I am a non-complainer. Overloading me with drugs, alcohol and other junk can destroy me! This may be the only warning you will ever get.
記住: 我從不會抱怨。 過多的藥物、酒精及垃圾食物會毀了我。 這些就是我僅僅給你的警告。
Take My Advice, Please!
來源:網路